Forum

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Geopolitical Map 2024
So, what will the map look like by New Year's Eve?

Will Russia or Ukraine prevail?

Will the Middle East just blow up?

Will China move on Taiwan?

These are the big 3, if you will but there are other conflicts too.

How will the map look on New Year's Day?

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Probably covered in vomit. vomit

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Time
I'm afraid it will just one day closer to total resurrection. angel

Forum Level:
Handle Me With Care
Might have just lost Christmas.
Because nearly all the World has condemned the land of Jesus.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Raven2005 said: Might have just lost Christmas.

Yes but will they also condemn Hamas? Iran?

The real question is why don't the Palestinians just declare Independence and Statehood?????

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Raven2005 said: Might have just lost Christmas.

The other point is we are 2024 on the way to 2025 and EVERYTHING geopolitical is a derivative of World War I. Will we ever as citizens of Earth, move beyond the legacy of that global event????

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I think that by the end of this year, it will be mostly the same, although Russia will increment west, as they've been doing the past few months. First Bakhmut, then Avdiivka....

The ratcheting up of NATO's involvement in the Ukraine conflict upwards bothers me. And no sign of any peace talks whatsoever.

Israel can handle Hamas, regardless of what the rest of the world thinks. Ukraine is turning into a problem, though. WION (the Indian news agency) reported that Ukraine is now 'recruiting' prisoners, offering them freedom if/when the war ends. It's because they are apparently running out of men to replenish the military forces.

So, the map will remain much the same. But, at the same time, ya never know....

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Personally,

Something big is coming re: Ukraine. France alone will escalate the situation to a potential WWIII. This is the year it spins out of control, completely, and when Trump wins the American Presidency then Russia will act to resolve it by the January 20 swearing in and say what one might about Trump there were no wars in his first term.

The communists in China are wondering if now is the time for Taiwan and chaos in the world aides them.

The real kicker is Gaza. When this situation just goes completely APESHIT ON STEROIDS, as it will soon, then the Middle East is aflame, China invades Taiwan under that cover and Russia attempts to end it in Ukraine. None of it good, none. thumbdown

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Agreed that if Trump gets in, the situation in Ukraine may change.

Trump or no Trump, there's no way Ukraine can regain its lost territory. Some of it has been more or less independent of Ukraine for ten years (the Donbass).

The Ukrainians kicked the Russians out of the center of their country in late 2022, and so far, that's held. Now is the time to talk. The US telling Ukraine they can attack targets inside Russia proper with the weapons we send them is crazy. It's asking for escalation when governments should be talking. I know that some think that Putin has a master plan to take Poland next. But Poland is arming, and Putin has had plenty of chances to not only invade Poland but the Baltics, and he hasn't. He may be an asshat but he's not stupid. He knows if he invades Poland, it's not just NATO that he faces, but an invasion of Poland could cause Germany to re-militarize.

Either way, this is the problem when world leaders don't know how to talk.

It's also ironic that the same politicians telling us that Israel needs a 'two state solution' hold the complete opposite position when it comes to Ukraine. The Donbass has been more or less a self-governing, Russian aided breakaway state since 2014. It's bizarre that some think that Palestinians should have a right to self determination but the Eastern parts of Ukraine can't, especially when those eastern parts of Ukraine are predominantly ethnic Russian.

The whole situation is fucked up. Of the presidential candidates, RFK Jr seems to have the best grasp on these situations, but he'll never get in, and the situations overseas may be too entrenched for talk right now.

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
I want to add here that -- like many -- I supported the Ukrainian war effort early on. The invasion was reprehensible, and there were atrocities committed by Russian soldiers in Ukrainian villages, which was equally reprehensible.

The Ukrainians kicked the Russians out of the center of their country. They saved the capital from being taken. That 40 mile convoy that threatened Kyiv was wiped out. The Ukrainians got that job done.

But the situation in the east of Ukraine is a quagmire, of WW1 proportions, and the issues there are more complex. I don't see a way that Ukraine can win all that territory back, without thousands more deaths. There's got to be a better way to solve the problem.