Forum

doritoStyle
How soon to start dating after loss
I lost wife in May of this year from a sudden illness. We were married for 7 years, and dated for 3 years before that and we had a great relationship, and she gave birth to our son 4 years ago.

Of course it was hard and I'm grieving her loss, but I've always been one to roll with the punches and adapt to change for better or worse.

I started reaching out to many friends I had drifted away from during our marriage, including one of my Exes who I was still on good terms with, and we have been chatting almost every day. One night when we were both drinking and chatting I managed to turn things onto a sexy path and I ended up sexting with her and telling her about a dirty dream I had with her and what I wanted to do about it with her.

Anyway, it's been awhile since that happened and we've been flirting and finally admitted that we were interested in a long-distance relationship and she's planned a visit next month (not just for me, haha).

It's been difficult to meet with anyone IRL (or even to hook up) because of being a full-time parent, so the intimacy is nice, even if it's just texting and the occasional video call.

Thoughts?

If this thread breaks our rules please