Forum

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Trivia, let's discuss designing and building a tool to play it here.
I started a status to ask if people wanted this and there seemed to be interest so I am starting a thread to document how it might work.

Please contribute design ideas as to how it might work and we'll aim to build it for you.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Super Contributor
well, the response is Overwhelming

I'm IN thumbup1
thumbup1

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Sounds like a great idea..let me know if you need a hand

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
I would like this but I don't have any ideas at the moment.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Could start by trying the same format as it had, someones devises a set of questions and runs the quiz. First correct answer to question gets the points for that, which helps those with faster connection, but if it was a separate location to status that would help everyone. Winner is the one with the most points obv, some nudles may be awarded, or other treats occasionally

Time zones are an issue, finding a slot that works for everyone wanting to play is very difficult without someone being inconvenienced, but I don't see another way of having it open to allcomers

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Trivia
I miss trivia and definitely would love to have it as a regular feature of NN. How to do that is beyond me, though. Wish I could be more helpful.

Forum Level:
Regular Contributor
A separate room, like status but not a part of regular status. That way status won't interfere with trivia and trivia won't interfere with status.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
Sounds like a good idea to me, lenny. thumbup

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
lennynatural said: A separate room, like status but not a part of regular status. That way status won't interfere with trivia and trivia won't interfere with status.

A status type room separate from regular status would be a good suggestion as you have the coding? no?

With or without an Auto Bot running the questions, if and Auto bot runs the questions any member can play solo at any time of day that suits them? but someone has to code that sad guess who that is?

I had thought? you already have chat coded, another Chat room separate from chat, again this will give hard core trivias a clean uninterrupted go at trivia from over scrolling by those that do not play?

Again an auto bot would be nice?

Points system, PLEASE, no Nudle prizes, that only encourages people to hunt the nudles, point may be accumulative, and you can get a swelled head at the end of a certain time.

The one I was speaking of 10,000 questions, reset the score at Q1 as it rolled over, everyone starts at zero again.
I played their trivia long enough to even compensate for regional language spelling .... or even the odd 3 spelling mistakes ... which were named Rick Astly questionsLOL I played it for years.

the Bot gave clues as in @@@ @@@
If no one could guess it gave out clues P@@ @@T

Forum Level:
Active Contributor
Trivia is fun. Let's do it.
The only problem I can see is if it's run through status for example, is that some people have blocked others and their answers won't be seen or whatever.
Eg: What colour is a green apple and emu or MissAshlee answer, I won't see it and I'll get all angry that the correct answer went to someone who didn't put anything up because I thought I was first. beer

Forum Level:
A Thinker
My thoughts
I would like to see trivia run by a bot. I think it should be a separate pop up window much like the chat pop up so that people can play and still peruse the site. This way people could play solo against the bot. Perhaps playing solo there is a way to earn nudles? There should also be an option to play in competition mode. So if someone wants to organize and select a specific time. People could play against each other. In competition mode there should be a way to award a prize or prizes.

Off the top of my head that is all I have right now.

Forum Level:
Just getting started
well... I don't have many different idea from those already posted here! it would be awesome to see trivia resurrected and then we can always change things on the way through

Forum Level:
Just getting started
A video room setup for strip trivia might be fun - I absolutely wouldn’t join, but I’m sure some would! Although if there was some AI function that automatically blurred faces, I’d be much more inclined. Video chat when you don’t wanna show your face is really tricky!

Forum Level:
Just getting started
I'll be up for trivia. I think words has some good ideas.

I few nudels would be nice, but I think bragging rights would be more fun.

Perhaps a banner of some sort near the top of the trivia page, "'member' is NN' top trivia, can you beat them?" Sort of thing.

Forum Level:
Super Contributor
like back to active threads love